Rollo Kim Reporting

Rollo Kim, InvestigaSituationistal Journalist

Friday, May 11, 2001

"The music didn't matter, the place didn't matter. It didn't matter that I hadn't had enough to eat, or sleep. I didn't feel out of place.

I feel impossibly light - unthinking but conscious.

Maybe I'm not looking for anything. Maybe everything I really need is all right here and now - if I know how to look for it.

But when you look me in the eye, I know that it's OK to - just - shut - up...

I'm at rest. I'm wading out into the space you make, with just this curious gaze - a brave bemusement.

Not waiting to be entertained. Not speaking about nothing.


You forgotten about the town. It's never been on the map because it's so small. Just a couple of streets really.

I'm looking. I've always been looking - I just have no idea what I'm looking for. But when I meet your gaze, I feel like I could stop - I feel like a child sinking into quicksand. But it's safe. I can accept it. But it's really bloody scary.

Those barely blue eyes wide."