Rollo Kim Reporting

Rollo Kim, InvestigaSituationistal Journalist

Tuesday, October 23, 2001

STYLE OVER FASCISM

Mellisa has her knees securely fastened together with duct tape... her hair has been cut using nail scissors for that imprecise, emotionally unstable urchin look; her vest is made entirely out of waterproof plasters, and her shades are the faces of dolls...

[applause]

"Long Pig Surprise, a dish from my childhood," says the naked chef, "and very, very special."

My full stops are all back-to-front: I'm taking a bath at midnight, getting changed, having breakfast at around 1.30 am. Taking an hours nap at around 5 o'clock [in the real world, this is about the time I'm falling asleep on the bus home from work.] I need to start looking for a place to live.

"When I first moved to your country," the chef continues, "the only things I knew how to cook were toasted bagels and Long Pig Surprise..."

Rollo