Rollo Kim Reporting

Rollo Kim, InvestigaSituationistal Journalist

Monday, August 13, 2001

The Abolition of Work

"A lot of the stuff I was singing about then was all metaphorical. I wasn't talking like I am now. I guess it's back to how much personal power you feel that you have. Like, if I'm 17 and I don't even know when I'm hungry, am I tired, have I had any sleep - if you don't even know that, then how can you talk about lyrics that come from such an unconscious place? I always said, 'I don't know', and I didn't." Liz Fraser

Purpose is not achievement. For example, achievement can mean being successful at a job you don’t want, to enable you to afford an expensive car you don’t need, in order to impress a girlfriend you don’t like... A purpose is something you express continually in order to bring you pleasure, not a list of things you have to achieve.
anxiety culture

Everytime I try to look her way, her face is always slightly out of frame, or turned away. No matter how long I wait. It remains vague.

Rollo