Rollo Kim Reporting

Rollo Kim, InvestigaSituationistal Journalist

Sunday, July 22, 2001

The makers of The Gladiator are producing the film version of Whitely Strieber's latest book. Sadly, it's not The Key , it's The sequal to the Hunger - but at least that's something! His homepage is well worth checking out for daily news updates on the weird and wonderful goings on of the world:

[He] stands there leaning against an air conditioner outlet in a hotel room for an hour or so. He looks perfectly normal and accessible. But then I can never find him again. Or the people who showed up at my cabin to meditate with me. I was with them nightly in full and normal consciousness all the time. The cats reacted to them as if they were real. They used the bed in the guest room. BUT, if you tried to come up on them--out they went through the wall.

Can you imagine, seeing such things and living with them daily, and then not being able to prove it to anybody else? It drives me up a wall, because I know that there is so much more to this world, that we are capable of such grand things, but I see us mired down in greed and politics and ridiculous, pointless trivia, and I can't do much of anything to wake people up, except make a little noise for a little while, they go my way.

Whitely Strieber.

cool journal entry about the Man From Toronto.

Merz News:
Star In His Eye.
In an attempt to break from the isolation of writing his next album, Conrad [Merz] recently applied to appear on the TV show Stars In Their Eyes impersonating Merz but was rejected on the grounds that "the chosen act was not famous enough".

Is everybody having a good time?

Roll[o].