Rollo Kim Reporting

Rollo Kim, InvestigaSituationistal Journalist

Monday, July 23, 2001

Good morning class, if I may turn your attention to the following little trailer: we are not afraid of you. I have no idea what it is yet but they're using my space to do it in. And that's just fine as long as they keep the noise down to a minimum. [I get to do the graphics though and at least I don't have to write the entire thing!] They wanted banners like 'our demands' and 'documentation', so who knows! Why am I doing this? Because I enjoy it and it makes me want to suggest that escapeart is just a front for some kind of secret art-crime organisation [like that bonzai-come-money laundering store in Stoke - you remember!]


And further headlines:

US based Invisible and self-styled 'media assassin' Mr K Talbot has abandoned his plans for spypunk.com [after promising 'fireworks and memebombs', and beating me to registering the domain name when I happened to mention that there were bands that kind of enjoyed elements of punk, jazz, psychadelia and the likes of The Prisoner]. So here at escapeart we are gonna put up our pages , even though they're not quite finished, because they look cool and his really were awful [sorry Kev!]. You cannot create a culture and expect people to pay for it, but you can create and celebrate your own. It's just a name. Just an excuse to link you on to some cool bands.

A friend and me have both been having these odd fits of emotional intensity. Crying for no apparent reason - she's been welling up due to working 24 hours a day and living on nothing but baked beans and cigars, I've been welling up over odd bit of news or music that isn't necessarily emotive, and have no idea why.

Roll[o].