Rollo Kim Reporting

Rollo Kim, InvestigaSituationistal Journalist

Tuesday, March 26, 2002

Just the Facts Moon

In the early days, before I tried to get away, my parents ran this Hotel that was racist. My parents were nice enough, but the Hotel had a problem with strangers, particularly foreigners - it seemed to feel more justified in resenting foreign visitors: helping them to get lost by moving its doors and corridors around them, flooding their rooms, flooding the corridors so that they would be forced to wade their way to the bathroom, or leap from one section of dry carpet to the next.

In the end, they were forced to close the place down, even when it promised to mend its ways, it even let the flowers grow in the window box above the entrance hall. But it was far too late, the building had earned itself a reputation. Hauntings, I guess, are kind of good for business, but not sexism, not xenophobia. Believe me when I tell you that you simply cannot make a living from a Hotel that only welcomes locals.

Rollo Kim.