Rollo Kim Reporting

Rollo Kim, InvestigaSituationistal Journalist

Monday, June 04, 2001

Well well well.. See... there ain't no her[o]s anymore, because they've all been told they're hopeless, once too often. Where is the soul? Where is the goodness? We're all so lost. We're all stranded, and every song we know is about being stranded. Well, that's how I saw it... suddenly every song seemed to be about being lost.

Wherever I was, for the entire week, the songs [other people's songs] all seemed to sum it up. Great words - perhaps it was just my frame of mind, either way it was good. But now it's all not half as clear. Now it's all back to normal, which is maybe for the best. And then I realised that everything I write or sing about is people disappearing and escape: it makes me happy dammit! But the wine tastes like Tunes?

"I am angry I am ill and I'm as ugly as sin..."

"this is no ordinary love..."

"happiness is easy"

"this is how you disappear"

Roll[o].